Flexible and effective
With the KX rotary cultivator, in a 3 m working width and for tractors in the 190 HP class, a very flexible, usable PTO-driven soil tillage implement now exists that can be used as a rotary cultivator or as a rotary harrow.
Many farmers want to use a flexible machine for differing soil and operating conditions. That means, for example, a rotary cultivator with its “on-grip” tines for relatively heavy soils when mulch sowing and a rotary harrow with tines set to trailing mode on lighter, stony soils, so that the stones are pressed back down into the soil.
Previously, the tines have often simply been turned from “trailing” to “on-grip”. The finished result can then often be unsatisfactory, because only tines specially designed for each specific purpose can produce the best work.
The benefits of the rotary cultivator:
- Short set up times by the proven tine quick change system
- Very flexible in operation – can be, from choice, operated with trailing tines or with “on-grip” tines
- More rigidity – reinforced trough profile, thicker shaft diameter and stronger tines
- Loosening of hard and compacted soils without any problem
- Intensive incorporation of straw and other organic matter